Posts

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Psychology of Love



Hello, guys. I am back again. Hope you guys are doing well. From the very first post I always came up with something new & exciting. I have always tried my best to give you useful information. This time I have something very different, something I haven't discussed with you yet. I don't know whether you will like it or not. Today I will tell you about the psychology of love.
Love is a part of life. I won't say it's wonderful because it depends on you. Almost every person in the world have love in their life. I am not talking about having love for family. Because it's natural & gifted. I am talking about love between a boy & a girl. Opposite sex person attracts each other. That's normal. Every person has a likeness for someone. Someone does love. But it varies. Not every person's love is alike. There is differences. Psychologists around the world have tried to classify those differences.
Famous psychologist Robert Steinberg have found a way to structure this. He gave a theory. A famous theory called "Triangular Theory Of Love". According to this theory, there are three components of love -

1. Passion (Sexual or Romantic attraction).
2. Intimacy (A deep sense of attachment) &
3. Commitment (A willingness to build the relationship strongly). 


These three elements combine seven types of love.

1. Friendship or Liking: Having Intimacy is friendship or liking.




2. Infatuated Love: Having passion is Infatuated love.





3. Romantic Love: Intimacy & Passion between two persons is Romantic Love.





4. Companionate love: Companionate love is the combination of intimacy and commitment, but not a lot of passion.





5. Fatuous love: Fatuous love is both passion and commitment, but no real intimacy.




6. Empty love: A strong sense of commitment towards someone is empty love.







7. Consummate love: Passion, Intimacy & Commitment together make Consummate love.




These are the seven types of love according to the "Triangular Theory Of Love". Every types of love includes these seven sectors. If you are in love, just think which type of love you are in.

You start thinking. I have to go now. I will come back next time with something more exciting.



 ------------ Whi73 S0u1 

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Created By Sn4k3_B1t3 || Copyright @ 2015